Mobile Lactation Pods: Easiest Way to Add a Nursing Room to your Office
BrighterBooth is excited to announce the launch of their line of mobile lactation pods, the easiest way to add a nursing room to your office, support new moms in the workplace, and comply with breastfeeding laws.
Lactation pods are freestanding nursing rooms on wheels that give new mothers a private and comfortable space to breastfeed or pump at work or in public spaces. No more pumping in the bathroom, closet, or in your car.
Breastfeeding and pumping accommodations have long been lacking in the workplace as new mothers returning to work has become common. Millennial moms account for over 80% of births in the U.S., so a lactation pod not only supports the current need to support new moms, but also the influx of future mothers as well.
7 Facts About Working Mothers
- Women make up about half the U.S. workforce, and mothers are the fastest-growing segment of the workforce.
- More than half of mothers with infants are employed, and of these moms, almost two-thirds work full-time.
- In 46% of households with a mother and father, both parents are employed full time.
- Mothers are the primary breadwinners in 40% of families.
- About 25% of mothers are raising their children on their own.
- 70% of moms with kids younger than 18 were in the labor force in 2015.
- Annual births have increased among the foreign born.
Employers providing lactation accommodations in the workplace isn’t just good for business by increasing productivity and inclusiveness, but it’s also the law. A range of federal, state, and municipal laws require specific accommodations for breastfeeding and pumping moms at work. For example, California leads the way in breastfeeding laws.
California Breastfeeding Laws
- Breastfeeding at Work: California law requires that all employers provide a private space to breastfeed and pump at work, provide all breastfeeding employees with break time, and stipulates that the space cannot be a bathroom.
- Breastfeeding in Airports: California public airports are required to provide a private lactation space that is not a bathroom and beyond security points for breastfeeding mothers to pump or breastfeed.
- Breastfeeding in Public: In California, mothers are entitled to breastfeed her child in any public area, or area where the mother and the child are authorized to be present, including county offices.
- Breastfeeding in School: California requires California Community Colleges and the California State University system to provide private lactation rooms for breastfeeding students.
Breastfeeding Law Resources
- Fact Sheet: Break Time for Nursing Mothers (FLSA)
- FAQ: Break Time for Nursing Mothers (FLSA)
- California: Employee Lactation Accommodation (Senate Bill No. 142)
Breastfeeding and pumping employees shouldn’t have to ask for appropriate accommodations. The frustrating experience of the new mother making their way through the world without lactation spaces is difficult enough. Every mother has the most important job in the world, so we need to offer the provisions they need wherever they go. All moms have the right to breastfeed and deserve a dedicated space to pump.
BrighterBooth makes it easy to add a nursing room to your office.
BrighterBooth offers the easiest and most affordable option for companies to support new mothers in their workplace.
The Bright Idea
The Brighter Nursing Room Solution
Our goal was to create a line of lactation pods that offered the best of both worlds for the employee and employer: private and comfortable while affordable and high quality. We met these challenges with a minimal yet appealing design and by handling every step from inquiry to installation.
We Sell Direct
You might ask why our prices are lower than the competition. Most office pod companies hide their prices and partner with furniture dealers, which means they wildly increase their prices to give their dealers the ability to name their price and haggle with their clients. We cut out the dealers and the annoying sales process by keeping our prices standard and listing them publicly. You request a quote, we send it, end of story.
Guaranteed High Quality
The quality of BrighterBooth’s lactation pods are comparable to the highest priced pods on the market. We guarantee your employees will be happy with the level of craftmanship and sound dampening our pods provide.